Replacing disk assembly on JD-VB FB117A grain drill

bnew17

Using this drill for the first time i noticed one of the disk would not rotate. I took it apart and it looks like the bearing is shot. I have another disk that is missing the bearing cover. I assume the disk with bad bearing, I will need to replace the whole disk/bearing right? I tried finding this on John Deere website but couldn't. Does anyone know the part number??

I know when I was looking for replacement feed gates, our JD dealer did not have any. I ended up making my own. I am hoping the disks and components are more readily available?

It looks like you need to get PC278, which covers the FB-A series of grain drills. It gives parts numbers of the individual pieces as well as the disc blade assembly.

Does your drill have disk with white iron or anti-friction brgs.? From viewing parts catalog it appears it's cheaper to replace complete disk assembly with AF brg than just the white iron brgs.

Drill disk assemblies should be available aftermarket.

mvphoto81452.png

mvphoto81453.png

mvphoto81454.png

mvphoto81455.png

So i went to local JD store and gave them the information and this is what I got? As you can tell it is not like the disk I had. Is this the way the replacement discs are supposed to look?
cvphoto102786.jpg

cvphoto102787.jpg

cvphoto102788.jpg

I think the problem is I forgot to buy the BUshing and Seal that go with it, like Tx Jim mentioned earlier. Sorry, first time I have had to buy parts for this drill. Dont really know what Im doing, but im learning, lol.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back