Replacing starter switch on Ford 661

Starter switch on my Ford 661 5 speed needed replacing, and I ordered a new one. Looks like I should just unscrew the old one. I removed the wire and began to try and unscrew the old switch.
It turns but does not come out. I now have to use a jumper wire on the solenoid to start the tractor. Need help. Any advice appreciated. Thanks
Irv
 
The starter button is captured with a nut and lock beneath the transmission shift cover.

Disconnect the battery and remove the shift cover to R&R the starter button. You will also need a shift cover gasket.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top