restoring John Deere B, Internation B414 that were in a fire

My pole barn burned a couple days ago. In it was a 1940 styled John Deere B hand start, a 1947 styled B electric start (sheet metal was off in abother building), and a 1963 International B414.

It seems to me that the John Deeres especially might be restorable because there is no plastic. Obviously tires and hoses are gone and any wires, and the magneto and distributor. The sheet metal on the 1940 looks remarkable good. These tractors had no fuel in them and the tanks seem to be intact.

It seems like if I plan to ever restore them, I should paint them in oil or something to prevent rust, which has already started. The fire happened during a snow storm, and of course fire dept water soaked them, so they are starting to rust after only a couple days.

I just wonder what experiences you guys have had restoring fire damaged tractors.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back