riding lawn mower electric start

rking

I have a Snapper 28 inch cut manual pull riding lawn mower that I would like to replace with a battery start riding mower. We have had Snapper mowers for years and they have lasted well for us so I was thinking of going back to that brand but I was wondering what experience ya'll have had with different mowers.

There is a lot of different mowers out there. Personally I would go on craig lists and try to find a good one. those zero turn mowers are probably the best but it would depend on how much of a yard you cut. I have a john deere that has served me well except I have always had problems with the front tires holding air. usualy about once a month I have to put air in them. I have a jd atv and it does the same thing. front tires only. mowers has gotten expensive but if you look around you can buy a nice used one.

Have you tried putting SLIME in them, that is a great solution for slow leak. My logger friends put gallons of it in brand new equipment tires, saves them a lot of down time.

I believe Snapper was bough out by Briggs, down sized, likely now mfg out of country.

I agree with others, try a zero turn, especially if you have a lot of trees. Only thing zero turns don't like are mowing on slopes.

Pinball, I have yet to find a small tire that would hold air! I have replaced mine and the church mower with "flat free" tires and wheels. They have held up well. Got one set at Harbor Freight, the other came from Northern Tool. Took some minor modification, made some spacers, but no more flats!

I have an old 31" Toro rotary Whirlwind and I have used my Wards tractor to belt start the mower. I'm going to get rid of the mower. Hal
a217646.jpg

I have one a lot like that red one. I have never tried to make it start. It is self propelled and at one time had a cart you hooked up to ride on. Been sitting in the same place now for probably a decades or more but the engine is full of ATF

I had three Snappers till I needed a larger machine. Very handy for zipping in and out of little spaces. I would go look at a new one cause they have a very heavy deck and are still well made. Have larger machines now with dual blade decks. There is just so little that can go wrong with them!

Well with out getting this one to run hard to say if the one I have has reverse or not. I do know it has some sort of gear box and a few belts

I have an old Snapper for mowing around the buildings and the ditch. When the 8 horse Tec finally couldn't get out of its own way I bought a used 12 horse Briggs off of Craig's list for it. I would estimate it gets 75-100 hours a season and keeps on ticking. I only paid $25 for it 10 years ago. I did have to buy a new seat for it.

You know they made a 42 inch Snapper for a while. You should look for one of those. I have thought about it but the ditches here are too steep to take that wide of swath.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back