That is a remarkably small rod weeder. Out west, where they were once common, they're typically 30 feet wide or more. Maybe you could find a thirty foot Flex-King and cut off the outer wings. I have a cousin who picks up used rod weeders for a song and uses them to build miniature circular sprinklers.

mark maybe your cousin cold help me out . The older ones i believe were 10 foot sections pulled with a squadron hitch to be a lot wider pulling 3 or 4 sections at a time depent on avaible horsepower thanks for the reply

mark maybe your cousin cold help me out . The older ones i believe were 10 foot sections pulled with a squadron hitch to be a lot wider pulling 3 or 4 sections at a time depent on avaible horsepower thanks for the reply
My cousin is about a thousand miles from you over in eastern Colorado. And he's had to give up mini-sprinkler fabrication because of his health. So I don't think he can help you. He was using old Flex-King rod weeders to make his sprinklers.

It sounds like you're looking for machines built back in the forties or fifties. Finding parts for these could be a problem.

I'm a bit surprised even want to use a rod weeder. I always thought of them as strictly summer fallow implements, not something you'd ever use east of the Mississippi. And chemical fallow has largely replaced summer fallow tillage out west.

i am just a small farmer . wanted to try one for awhile just a idea i have be a nice trip to see diffrent part of the country. thanks for the reply maybe something will turn up

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back