Roosa Master Pump intermittent?????

I have a case 580 diesel with a roosa master 4cyl injection pump. Sometimes the tractor won't run without either feeding it then, it clears up and runs for awhile good. It has plenty of fuel to it and the return is not plugged. Question: can these pumps be intermittent verses, work or not work? Thanx in advance.
 
Does Your 580 Have electric shut off? If so make sure you have a full 12Volts to it. It is an electro magnet. Sometimes they get weak when warm. If you need more help give me a call I will walk you through how to get to the bottom of it. Good luck Al 231/757/0064
 
along with what al said ,, my massey 750 perkins had a murphy switch ,don't know about your problem but ,,.I can tell you the silliness I went thru with thecombine ,. I had to rebuild the pump in the middle of the season ,, it has a cav pump , durn thing would run , and puffsmoke , then run great , with plenty of power then lay down with hardlty any uumph ,,did not think the pump could be the problem at 1st ,,. but it runs and starts better than ever now
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top