Last year I could have bought Glystar plus for $10.50 a gallon in a 30 gallon drum. Figured tipping that 300 pound drum over wouldn't be handy or safe so I bought in 2.5 gallong jugs for $14.50 a gallon in central Iowa.

Two weeks ago I paid $30.53 a gallon in 2.5 at the local elevator. Crop Production Services wanted $32 and Theisen's wants $40 (so $99.95 for a 2.5 jug).

In Missouri a week ago, I saw 2.5 gallon jugs at Ward's Farm Store at Fredericktown, MO for $53.99 ($21.60 a gallon) and at Bucheit's at Herculanium for $129.99 ($52 a gallon).

All these were 41% strength generic with a surfactant.

And price increases are still likely so if you want some and can afford it, shop around, but get it NOW, don't wait. Most of the generics are imported and the weak US dollar is pushing the prices higher each day. But makes our "high priced" grain look cheap to the overseas buyers.

Gerald J.
 
The generic glyphosphate at Rural King here has about doubled. Could get 2.5 gallons last year on sale for $40, sign on the pile of jugs last week said $89 I think, I know it was alot higher.

Dave
 
After the Olympics are over it will drop back to nearly what it was before, so says my supplier. Seems a lot of it is made in China and they have shut down the plants in an effort to clean up the air for the Olypics.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top