round baler twine comes unrolled when kicking bale out o

Keith Molden

Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to keep the loose end of the twine from coming off the bale when it is kicked out of the baler that has a bale kicker (or ramps) on it. It happens quite often on mine and I sure haven't figured a way to stop it. It does it when the bale rolls off the ramps, not a lot but enough sometimes that I will catch the twine under the front tire of the tractor when picking up the bales. If there is a way to stop it I'd sure like to know. Keith

Install a twine cutter that cuts twine similar to a pair of scissors so there's little to no frayed twine ends on end of twine to catch on crop stems. OR trade for a baler that utilizes netwrap as i did in 2007 & twine problem is solved!

don't kick the bale out right away. Let it make 1 round in the baler before kicking it out. what is happening in my guess is you sit there with the hand on the lever and as soon as the twine stops going in you give it a yank. the end cut is sitting at the bottom and has not been rubbed into the bale yet so when it kicks it can unwind. I also would look close to the cut end. If it is cut smooth I believe is worse than hairy. I always found the hairy would stick to the bale better. But I do know if you wait a bit before kicking it out it solves most of the problem.

Thanks, I believe you're right. We do hit the tailgate as soon as we finish with the twine. I'll give that a try, but not right now as it's 37 F. here and it will be awhile before there is any hay to bale. I was just thinking somebody would have an answer, and that's probably it. I really have no need of getting a net wrap as it will never pay for its self in the time I have left to use it. This old man is about ready to call it quits in another year or so and this baler does a heck of a good job except for that.

I run our twine back over the the bale part way so the end is tucked back in then back out to cut off this winds some back to the middle of the bale so if the end comes loose then the rest is tied back in the bale more.

I do what cjunrau and caterpillar guy both mention, run the string closer to the center of the bale before cutting, and letting it roll a second before kickong it out. I don t have much trouble with it anymore.

I increased the twine tension on mine and it helped some. By the book my tension needs increased more (used an old fish scale to pull twine), but I've got about all I can go on the tension bolts without snapping them off. These bolts that set tension are on the twine arms on mine. Last year I thought the twine I got was smaller diameter than in the past. This is with 20,000 foot plastic. Paul

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back