rrlund Oliver 600

psimmer

I remember reading discussions of both the 500 and 600 models, and know you have a couple 500's. I don't remember which of the two is more rare? I saw a 600 diesel today ( that's what the number on the side
said, )while returning a piece of equipment for the orchard I work for. It was sitting at a facility next door with a flair mower on the back. As I pulled in I saw it sitting in the back of the next door lot,
and thought it was maybe a 500. I did walk over and took a quick look. The guy I returned the equipment to said they do use it occasionally to mow their lot so it does run. Diesel model, and sheet metal
looked pretty good, although not sure the fenders were correct. And also don't think the grill is original. Couldn't spend much time, but did take a couple pics with my old slide phone. Don't think I can post
them here though.

The 600 is the rare one Paul. Somewhere around 500 made if memory serves me right. Same as a David Brown 990. If you ever hear that it's for sale, let me know would you?

Hey Randy I saw this online and thought you might know the owner! Lol
cvphoto62032.png

cvphoto62033.png

I should try and get the contact info for the owner and get it to you. It appears that this tractor is used to just keep the grass or weeds mowed in their commercial lot. Something that any sort of utility size tractor with 3pt and pto would work for their needs.

The wife's poor little dusty Super 55 sits there in the background with a broken steering shaft. A casualty of plow day. LOL

I wasn't really looking for another tractor right now, but I wouldn't turn down a 600 if the price was right.

Would be nice to see pics of that 600. I'd clear some space in the shed if one came up for sale around me at a reasonable price. Kids would probably take the checkbook away from me if they heard about it though :) .

It wouldn't matter if they took the checkbook if you'd already written the check Kevin. LOL

Hopefully here are the 2 pics I have, one from each side. Grill is some metal slats somebody added. Again, I was short on time, and only have an old slide phone so pics aren't the best.
cvphoto62103.jpg

cvphoto62104.jpg

Interesting it has the underslung exhaust. Randy's 500 orchard is the only other one I recall seeing that on. Air intake is also not "standard". Can't tell where they put the filter on it

The hood is pretty nice, but the grill is garbage. Fenders have been cut up a bit.

Covering the shifters with a bucket is smart for storing it out doors. An amazing amount of rain water gets into the tranny around them even with decent boots.

So much of the 600 is the same as my late build 500.

We are in orchard country so it could maybe have been used in orchards at some time. Might explain the underslung exhaust and cut up fenders.

I think I could do something with that. I don't really know a lot about those 600/990, but if they had a cross box where the seat is and a battery on each side, they must have butchered that one up as bad as my orchard to get that Tisco seat on it.

If you are somewhat interested, I can attempt to get some contact information. Or if you want to take a ride to just north of TC, I can give you directions to where it is located. Again, it appears it is just used to mow an area around a commercial building.

I'm never in any hurry to spend money, but ya, if I'm going to be up that way, I'll try to get a message to you so I can try to track it down. I don't know if I have your email or number anywhere. I hooked up my email in Classic, send me your contact again would you?

I got the email Paul. Thanks! We get up there now and again, I'll call you or stop at the fertilizer plant and see if I can spot it.

Kevin, the 600 has the air intake under the hood in the front. It sits on a bracket in front of the radiator unlike mounting to the side like the 500s. A metal tube connects to the filter with a rubber elbow then at that point there are two styles, early 600s, the tube went over the radiator and a clamp clamped to the radiator. Later 600s had a hole cast into the radiator and the tube went through it. Some sort of air preheater idea. I don't think the fenders are as cut up as you think. looks like just bigger tires than stock 28s. there is a 30-inch tire option, like mine, tire size would be 16.9x30. My book also has a 32-inch option.

Randy looking at the picture it appears to me the seat mounting isn't butchered too bad. looks like they just took the seat off the hinge and bolted that seat on.

Underslung exhaust is something special. If you buy this randy, you would probably have the only 2. If I dont get to it first :lol:

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back