ryobi 'tractor'

rio4000

haven't posted in a while and hope the photos work.

off topic so i'll include a photo of my dear old workhorse ford backhoe. i've been experimenting with my ryobi 40v mower. i fastened an old spring tooth harrow behind and attacked the yard and driveway weeds. it did ok ... and would probably work best on the earliest sprouts.

i figured traction would be a problem so i attached the strap-hitch high on the handle. an increasing load on the harrow adds a load to the mower drive wheels. balanced out ok. i also figured i'd get about 20min use maybe ... but was surprised to see about a half discharge after 45min. this uses only the mower self-propel motor which is vary torquey and has good speed control.

mvphoto106509.jpg

mvphoto106510.jpg

Since there is no place for an operator to walk behind it I assume that it is autonomous?

Since there is no place for an operator to walk behind it I assume that it is autonomous?

very tempting to automate .... and imagine a sulky! ... and trailer. the 'thumb drive' on the handle makes it easy to operate from the side. some fast hopping on sharp turns though.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back