same cub new question

Rayman66

First; I want to Thank everyone for their help. Still in the not starting phase but am making headway.

What does the 4 position switch do?
Is there some place I can get a decal to place around switch?
I can see there was a decal as small pieces are still there.

Thank you in advance.

Do you get the Steiner book out of Michigan,They got the decals! L. for low charge H. for high charge, D for dim head lights, B, for bright ! If were talking the same semi circle stickers

(quoted from post at 18:18:21 12/07/23) Do you get the Steiner book out of Michigan,They got the decals! L. for low charge H. for high charge, D for dim head lights, B, for bright ! If were talking the same semi circle stickers

Thank you for the information.
I don t get the book you are referring to. How do I go about getting it?

You may have enough of the old decal left to
determine this but in the details ..Fast.. listed the Low
charge begins in the counter clockwise position. The
lights are off in the Low and High charge positions. So
as explained in case your wondering that switch has
nothing to do with the reason your tractor will not run.
If many of the questions and suggestions in you
previous post I am attaching are addressed you would
be quite a bit closer to getting it running. Disregard the
ones that have to do with stuck valves. Did you set the
valve lash? You were previously getting back fires so
that means you are getting at least some gas in the
cylinders. Take a couple spark plugs out and dump a
couple of teaspoons of gas in them. Put the plugs back
in and give it a try. Call Grandpa Love he made the
offer!
Edit to add: Forgot this and I hate to do it considering the hosts of these forums. But you asked. Go to the Steiner web site and contact them or sign up for their deals I would bet you get a catalog.
Previous post on Cub not starting

This post was edited by used red MN on 12/07/2023 at 06:34 pm.

Assuming the charging system is original and functioning, the 4-position switch is as follows:

Low charge
High charge
Dim lights
Bright lights

Anything could have been done to the tractor in the past 70+ years, though. So the switch may only control the lights, or it may do nothing at all.

originaly the generator had a cut-out on top of the gen if its still there and working then you can wire the four position sw as
second position grounds the field for hi-charge third position is for dim lites and fourth position is for brite lites

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back