Saved another 1041 SC

Ken Christopherson

Well, our little 'self-proclaimed' tractor club decided it was time we get our first 'club' tractor. Went and rescued this little 1941 from Wisconsin. She's got some ugly welds on the side of the block, but it is holding coolant. Engine is loose. One of the front pressed steel wheels is junk, the other is the later cast wheel. We are excited to get this old girl running. Will be putting a magneto back on it.... Check out the rescue video below! I'll have more photos to post later. Primary use of the tractor will be for people to enjoy at the shows, plow days, etc.

At this point, we are searching for the following:

Early style S-tube for air cleaner to carburetor connection
Air intake pipe and cap
(1) cast front wheel

Got some feelers out to Don L already. I'm sure he will be able to help.
Rescuing the 1941 Case SC

I've got a 49 SC for sale if you or anyone else is interested. I've had it a couple years but haven't been able to get it to run after some mechanical work. Have all the records of what was done asking with the build card for it. It doesn't have an Eagle hitch and I've got a DC that does that I need to make room for.

Like the video but I always carry a 12volt good compressor for that very purpose. Every old tractor I buy has flat tires and even if some tires hold air they roll soooo much easier. Exhaust elbow must have broke. They ran it up through side of hood. Fenders looked pretty good though. Have fun and keep us posted.

Yes, his compressor worked great, actually. The front tires and tubes were junk. We tried, but the air came out as fast as it went in. It's a little rough around the edges, but with a little work should run pretty well.

Yessir! It was quite the interesting circumstance that I was Facebook friends with a man whose father/grandfather worked in the elevator starting in 1943. It was quite the story he had to tell. Hoping I can find out if there are any business records still in existence - maybe an original sales receipt!

Actually, serial number one is in the 'Tractor Photos' section of this site. It is listed as owned by M. Pearce from NC. Where in Wisconsin are you at? We would likely take you up on that offer! (Mighty generous of you)!

Yessir! Me in the flesh. The plan for this old girl is just to get it running, and have it around for club members from out of state to play with at plow days, shows, etc. It should be a good solid work horse once we go through a few things on it.

I've got some other irons in the fire when it comes to my own projects. Working on a Farmall Super M rebuild right now, as well as a 1928 JD model E 1.5hp engine... Still have a couple other things I want to get done after that, but I need those out of the way first!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back