Scheid Diesel Extravaganza/Christmas in August

Our Phone System is Down!

Please use the Contact us Form

We are working to resolve the issue ASAP! Thanks for your patience!

Geo-TH,In

The Scheid Diesel Extravaganza is an annual event at Vigo county fair grounds. They are expecting 15000 people to attend.

If you plan to attend a few words of caution:

The main street for people comming from the North and west is under construction in 2 places. Traffic is already a mess. Avoid using 3rd street, us41. There is a back door to fair grounds.

The city, county, state and excise cops are on overtime. They use many unmaked vehicles. Every year locals avoid going south by the fair grounds, traffic is a mess. Now with construction blocking a lane, it will be a nightmare.

It will look like Christmas in August around the fair grounds with all the cops having their lights on. So be warned. Save yourself some money. Seat belt violation seems to be the main one, reckless driving, under age drinking. Each year cops write a record number of citations, tickets and arrests. It's hard to say the actual number of people who will be fined, because it takes time for all 4 law enforcements to total up their numbers. Local news hands out early numbers. If I remember, the number goes north of 500. Like one in 30.

Have fun, most do, some even bring campers make a family thing out of it. Very few think it's time to get drunk, drag race, have after hours tail gate party in stores parking lots with dancing girls in bed of truck. That was a big new event, girl was before a judge a few times for that stunt.

Be safe, find back door to fairgrounds, Buckle up, don't drink and drive. DON'T MAKE THE NEWS. It puts a stain of the event, even though most of the problems are not at the event, just on the streets.
George
details of event

The behaviour and news coverage at that event gets worse every year. I always wanted to go before it became a reason to drink and terrorize the area. I am honestly interested in diesel performance, not the rest of the crap. I hope the county and state bill Schied and other promoters for all the overtime and damages.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back