Seal cross reference

super99

The left brake pinion seal is leaking on my Oliver 1550. I changed it last year and the shaft was rusted really bad, it should have a different shaft installed, But I haven't had the energy or motivation to tear the rear end apart to replace it. At that time, I worked on it with emery cloth to get it fairly smooth and installed a new seal. So much for the background. Now the seal is leaking bad again, the brake housing was soaked with oil all over. I took it apart and started cleaning it up, cleaned the linings with brake clean and buried them in a bag of oil dry. I need a new seal and don't have time to order one from Agco., I can get one from Motion Industries if I have the right part number. The Oliver parts book gives the number 160 367A The Agco parts page lists alternate seal as 107 621A Is there a cross reference to find a matching number from any seal provider? The seal is intact but I'm afraid if I put a screw in it and pull it out, it will be damaged enough that they can't measure it for a replacement. It looks like the numbers on the seal are as follows 2875 3751 0438 Not sure who manufactured the seal. Any help here?? Thanks, Chris

If you can get it out somewhat intact or have the means to measure the shaft and bore, it can be matched up by size.

That can even come in handy by putting in a different width seal to get to a better surface on the shaft. A double lip seal, a wide seal, and one with a garter spring have some advantage.

If the shaft design allows, you can also use a micro-sleeve. They are available in many sizes but must be within the allowable size range. I have cheated a loose fit with JB Weld.

Try to get a Speedy Sleeve from Motion while you are there. That will fix your shaft if you can use it.

2X on use a Speedy Sleeve with the new seal. Measure your shaft size to get the right sleeve.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back