Seal for hydraulic pump - JD 2030

Dromunds

The front hydraulic pump on my JD 2030 has been leaking hydraulic oil and my neighbor is rebuilding it. The local JD dealer sold me the rebuild kit, as well the seal which was sold separately. My neighbor thought the seal looked too big so I asked JD about it and they said all numbers came back to the seal they sold me. My neighbor now has the pump out and sure enough the seal they sold me is way too big. JD continues to insist there is only one size and that I got the correct seal, although he is going to keep checking. The only part number on the seal on my pump says part number EP 132, which JD says is not a JD part number and does not cross-reference. He said the seal was #7 on the parts book drawing he printed off for me. Does anybody know anything about that seal and how I can get the correct size seal? My 2030 was manufactured in 1975 IIRC, don?t have serial number on me at moment. Thanks for any help.

Technically the quad ring inside of seal is what holds the hyd pressure. The outer seal serves as a dust seal.

Here's the seal spec's for the 2.4 in.3 pump.
mvphoto51694.png

Here's the seal spec's for the smaller 1.38 in.3 pump
mvphoto51697.png

Thank you, TX Jim. I just looked at my invoice and the part number that JD sold me is the RE28790 - which it would appear is the part
number for a bigger pump. The JD guy said there was only one size pump. So what it sounds like is I need part number AR 39052, is that
correct?

The Guy that stated JD 2030 only had 1 size hyd pump needs to attend parts class 101 for beginner parts person!!!!

Yes AR39052 is correct part # for seal for smaller hyd pump. Smaller pump will look similar to the photo below.

mvphoto51700.png

(quoted from post at 14:45:22 04/01/20) The front hydraulic pump on my JD 2030 has been leaking hydraulic oil and my neighbor is rebuilding it. The local JD dealer sold me the rebuild kit, as well the seal which was sold separately. My neighbor thought the seal looked too big so I asked JD about it and they said all numbers came back to the seal they sold me. My neighbor now has the pump out and sure enough the seal they sold me is way too big. JD continues to insist there is only one size and that I got the correct seal, although he is going to keep checking. The only part number on the seal on my pump says part number EP 132, which JD says is not a JD part number and does not cross-reference. He said the seal was #7 on the parts book drawing he printed off for me. Does anybody know anything about that seal and how I can get the correct size seal? My 2030 was manufactured in 1975 IIRC, don?t have serial number on me at moment. Thanks for any help.

I thought at first the pump seals were out of my 1640. Turns out it was a leaking seal seepage return line.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back