Trying to fix hydraulics JD 2030

Cowboy1961!

New User
JD 2030 moving logs and lift stopped working. The two way valve had excessive play in lift handle so put new two way valve on. Didn't fix it. Then bought new hydraulic pump on front of tractor. Didn't fix it. Changed oil and all filters no difference. Pulled and inspected pressure relief valve and bypass valve, all seemed fine. PTO works, power steering works, rockerarms work but does vibrate on lifting, which has done since I bought this tractor a year ago. I have not checked pressure though, mainly because I don't have a way to check it. Unless someone knows or can tell me a easy way to check it. Anyhow I sure would appreciate any kind of helpful advice Please..thanks in advance

Welcome to this forum
Was the new 2 way control valve configured for closed-center hyd's? With hyd filter removed, clean container under opening rotate engine crankshaft for 15 seconds. Measure oil in container & there should be a little over 1 gallon in container. Sorry new hyd pump didn't repair your tractors hyd problem. But over the many yrs I've been associated with repairing tractors I've read/heard many times without performing good hyd diagnostic procedure that the replaced hyd pump wasn't the cause for the hyd problem. You can check stand-by pressure which should be 2250 psi with a 5000 psi gauge & male hyd tip attached to rear breakaway coupler.

yes sir it's was confirgured for closed system and I agree about the pump. I just took front loader completely off and was gonna run tractor as built. PTO works and rockerarms raise up and down. There is some vibration while raising. It steers real easy also. I feel the hydraulic lines seem very hot. So I just walked away for the day. I've been shade tree mechanicing this thing for a week and half. Thought might take weekend off. I had a massive heart attack year ago and funds were short. So was trying to fix it myself. The more I giggled this thing the more confused I get

yes sir it's was confirgured for closed system and I agree about the pump. I just took front loader completely off and was gonna run tractor as built. PTO works and rockerarms raise up and down. There is some vibration while raising. It steers real easy also. I feel the hydraulic lines seem very hot. So I just walked away for the day. I've been shade tree mechanicing this thing for a week and half. Thought might take weekend off. I had a massive heart attack year ago and funds were short. So was trying to fix it myself. The more I giggled this thing the more confused I get

(quoted from post at 17:43:56 10/06/23) have forks on front so I just pick them up like a fork lift

I asked in your first post and it has been asked here. Did you clean the sump screen?

Where does the loader valve supply line hook to the hydraulic system?

Where does the loader return oil line connect to the tractor hydraulic system?

Does it have hydraulic SCV and remote couplers? If it does you can get a coupler male end that fits one of your remotes and attach a 5000 psi gauge to that male end. Insert that in one remote coupler and operate the SCV to pressurize it. That will give you a pressure reading. You can get a 5000 psi glycerin filled pressure gauge for less than $30 (plus shipping) from Surplus Center, eBay, Amazon, or other places. A farm store should have coupler ends (you need to know it your tractor ahs the original JD remotes or if it has been converted to ISO couplers. A parts store that makes hoses should have steel bushings to adapt the gauge to the coupler male end.

yes sir I cleaned the sump screen and the loader hooks into the smaller hydraulic line that going to front hydraulic pump. It's been teed into just I don't of the brake pedals. And yes sir it has the scv also. Thanks for suggestions on the pressure check. I'll go today and see if I can find one or order one. God Bless

So the loader joystick valve is supplied from the high pressure line running from the front pump back the SCV .
The oil from the loader is being returned into the tractor , where ?
Is the loader joystick valve(s) proven to be closed Center and proven that they do not pass oil back into the tractor. While no loader functions are selected . They do on occasion fail .

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back