I'd call DEVON'S TRACTOR PARTS at 888-560-1466 in Westfield, Indiana. He advertises Restoration quality seats for most models of IH tractors.
I bought a K&M version of a white Tombstone seat for a '56 series tractor to put on my Super H in 2005, my only regret was I didn't put one on it in 1968 when Dad bought it. Guy named Bob Off owned the company then. 18 years later the seat still looks almost brand new, I don't spend the hours on the tractor like I did back in the 1960's and early '70's, but the hours every winter I push snow with that tractor is hard on the naughyde but it still looks new. 4 inches of foam rubber on seat bottom and backrest, 2 inches on the fold down arm rests, most comfortable seat on anything I own.
 
Yea , BUT on some tractors and old truck seat won't fit. , Your not going to put and air ride Bostrom on any 06-66 that ain't happen . . I have spent many ah long hours in a semi and maybe if i sat down i could final get my logs up to date . And yup they are comfy , that National that was in my 77 4300 Eagle fit like a glove and even after a 18-20 hour day you were not beat to death .
 
Well i can tell ya this on the 706 that is not going to happen . We tried the new replacement for that seat as the std spring ride seat is the same on the 66's and we put one of the new replacement on my buddy's 1066 ah what a pain that is , the adjusting knob. crank sticks out the ft. and you always banging your shin on it , it's hard to get around it and it does not ride that great. Yea the org seats get wore out in the bushing and cause them to flop around . I took and rebuilt one and once done it was almost as good as new. Yea i remember them when NEW , if you adjusted them for your weight when NEW they were great. . I would adjst my uncles for me when i ran the tractor as back then i was a weeeee bit lighter and when my uncle got back on it went to the bottom and he would have to crank it back up
 
Ha-Ha.... the seat on our Money Pit 4010 was the only thing we never had to replace because it broke. Dad out-weighed me by over 100+#, I'd set the seat so I could reach all the pedals, steering wheel easy to reach, and set the weight so I got a nice ride. If I knew I was probably going to have to walk home before I was half done with what I was doing, I wanted a smooth ride while it was running. When I'd park it I'd slide the seat up and back so I could get off the tractor easier. Oh, and that stupid pto lever on the left side of the console, soon as I got on the platform that stupid 2 ft long lever got shoved forward. Dad bitched at me once and I replied, Well, you must not want grandkids, it's I run the lever forward out of my way to get on/off or I cut a foot or so off that lever! With the seat set to my weight and the seat slid up and back when Dad sat down in the seat it did crash down to the bottom of it's travel pretty abruptly. But all the years I ran Farmall H,M's, SM's 450 with the heaviest coil spring to support Dad's 225+# that didn't even budge with my 70-75#. When I was a sophomore in high school I wrestled a little at 140# without any problem making weight.
 
I doubt there's ANY seat in a 5 year old truck that isn't wore out from the constant getting in & out and bouncing along today's wonderful roads. That's why most semi-tractors have air-ride seats. Straight trucks either single axle or tandems usually have bench seats that get tore-up in the first year, my ready-mix trucks all had air-ride seats. The township trucks, C-65 Chevies and a '57 F750 Ford I liked to run spreading sand and chips on oiled roads, they ALL had bench seats and the getting in and out 50-60 times a day were hard on them.
 
Hold on a minute here folks...

What does the OP mean by "seat?" Just the cushions or the entire suspension? All this yakking about air rides when maybe all he wants is a new set of cushions!

I have seen bucket seats out of old cars bolted to the suspensions. Look like trash but apparently comfortable. Office chairs. Boat seats. Anything goes.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top