Selling out

A while ago something went wonky in my back and wouldnt ya know it my clutch leg is now so weak I have to lift it up to put it on the dang pedal and I can step down on it ok but its weak and using it makes it hurt worse. Doc said its probably not going to get better but with some luck it wont get worse.

So I have to sell off the 51' 8N I have been using to turn compost piles and the 63' 4000 I use to put out hay rolls. We invested in a nice Kubota HST w a loader, easy peasy one pedal back and forth.

I put the 8n up on YTs adds and an ad on Craigslist I can give ya link if anyone is interested.

I'll get the 4000 up for sale in the spring I need to keep it around for the winter just in case this 16K Kubota breaks down. They tell me thats unlikely but yeah... the day after someone trucks it out of here will be the rare occasion a Kubota falls apart. LOL

And I was having a lot of fun with that old thing too.... damn it all.

I'm in the same boat-no one around here wants an old tractor.All the new people have newer big tractors.Served me many yrs.Lotta
snow pushin.Where in the heck did all these rich people come from? Still puttin along.Old guy Dan in Mt.

I thought about that... my shoulders are going south as well. The sooner I stop beating on myself the better I'll be.

If it sits here long enough maybe someone will trade me a nice truck for it. or something.

Here is where?
I have an 8N out there somewhere.
No buyers for the complete machine.
I am now going to sell parts.
When it gets light enough, I might just use the Orange MX5400 with the 2200# FEL, with pallet forks and stuff it
onto a truck to send it to the chinese.
It can come back as a Dodge.

I have issues with my right ankle and the ''rock the pedal back and forth'' hydros don't work well for me.

Dunno WHY that DAMNED setup has replaced the lever-operated hydros?

Nyquil,
Can you post a picture of the 4000? I have been looking for a gasoline 4000 with the SOS transmission. Maybe you have what I am looking for.....?

I'm sorry to see anyone's health fail.
Hopefully the new machine will let youi
keep you tractoring for a while.
I am also getting away from tractors a
bit. 10 days ago I gave away the last of
an extensive pile of parts I had to two
friends of mine. Not because of health
issues but because I'm just sort of done
with tractors and moving on to other
interests. I still have 3 Fords but there
won't be any others here.

I have issues with my right ankle and the ''rock the pedal back and forth'' hydros don't work well for me.

Dunno WHY that DAMNED setup has replaced the lever-operated hydros?

The one we bought has both a foot pedal and a hand lever for the hydro.

This post was edited by Nyquil Junkie on 11/21/2023 at 11:31 am.

(quoted from post at 05:39:50 11/21/23) Nyquil,
Can you post a picture of the 4000? I have been looking for a gasoline 4000 with the SOS transmission. Maybe you have what I am looking for.....?

Ours is a diesel 4 speed.... w/ a sheman hi-lo.

(quoted from post at 12:15:56 11/21/23) I'm sorry to see anyone's health fail.
Hopefully the new machine will let youi
keep you tractoring for a while.
I am also getting away from tractors a
bit. 10 days ago I gave away the last of
an extensive pile of parts I had to two
friends of mine. Not because of health
issues but because I'm just sort of done
with tractors and moving on to other
interests. I still have 3 Fords but there
won't be any others here.

Must be NICE to not need a tractor. :!: Wish I did not need one.

Do you have kids/grandkids, and space to store the 8N? As others have said, the N's don't bring a
lot of money, Which is unfortunate, as they're pretty fun/nimble tractors for the odd chores.

I'd be tempted to fog the engine, stick it at the back of a barn somewhere, and let it be a toy
for the kids/grandkids/nephews/nieces someday. You could also probably put a hand clutch on it
with minimal fab/welding skills. I don't know that you'd want to keep using it to turn compost
piles, but at least you could take it out a couple of times a year for fun.

I understand.

I've been selling my 45+ year collection of Ford tractors, parts, accessories, etc., for about 2 years now due to relocation plans nearly 1,600 miles distant.

Most of the good stuff is now gone but still have my Sherman combo equipped 52 8N with just over 1,100 OEM hours, my low-hour, high compression 192 CI power unit and one remaining set of pie weights
with fronts.

The 64 4000 SOS with all of the bells and whistles was sold about 3 weeks ago and my very good 55 860, very good 961-5, and very good 51 8N that was my Father's were sold previously. Also sold my
nearly NOS 6' Ford disc which still had paint on the axles and three very good and complete plows recently.

Could not replace such stuff if I tried.

Poignant.

Just sold what you were looking for: 64 4000 SOS with PS, dual remotes (yes, two levers and 4 couplings), F and R weights and NOS (yes NOS) PA rims.

Going to a good home in VA.

Had planned to install my low-hour, high compression 192 engine in it and add a set of duals for fun but never finished it. Sold the pair of new 6 ply Firestone tires that matched the new Firestone 6 ply
tires on the NOS rims on the 4000 a couple of weeks ago and plan to sell the dual wheel adapters soon.

Poignant.

(quoted from post at 07:20:55 11/23/23) Just sold what you were looking for: 64 4000 SOS with PS, dual remotes (yes, two levers and 4 couplings), F and R weights and NOS (yes NOS) PA rims.

I grew up on that 4000. My dad bought it new but sold it after I moved away. I will never find the original but It would be cool to find the same tractor and add it to my toy bin. Thanks for the note!

(quoted from post at 06:43:38 11/23/23) Do you have kids/grandkids, and space to store the 8N? As others have said, the N's don't bring a
lot of money, Which is unfortunate, as they're pretty fun/nimble tractors for the odd chores.

I'd be tempted to fog the engine, stick it at the back of a barn somewhere, and let it be a toy
for the kids/grandkids/nephews/nieces someday. You could also probably put a hand clutch on it
with minimal fab/welding skills. I don't know that you'd want to keep using it to turn compost
piles, but at least you could take it out a couple of times a year for fun.

No.. we have no kids. people like the nephews nieces and whatnot are all delicate city kids with no interest in even going outside if they can help it. its just me, the woman, my sister and a zoo full of old broken down retired dairy cows, ducks cats dogs goats and whatever other wild critters wander in for a free meal.

if it werent for the cows needing hay we wouldn't need the tractors.

There aint nobody to store them for, nobody to will them to. My one nephew and his dad like old tractors but will be pizzed off if I dont give it to them rather than sell it to them. Those 2 are like that about everything....one reason I don't bother with them much.

I'll stick a for sale sign on it by the road. Maybe I can trade it for something nifty.

(quoted from post at 16:31:26 11/20/23) A while ago something went wonky in my back and wouldnt ya know it my clutch leg is now so weak I have to lift it up to put it on the dang pedal and I can step down on it ok but its weak and using it makes it hurt worse. Doc said its probably not going to get better but with some luck it wont get worse.

So I have to sell off the 51' 8N I have been using to turn compost piles and the 63' 4000 I use to put out hay rolls. We invested in a nice Kubota HST w a loader, easy peasy one pedal back and forth.

I put the 8n up on YTs adds and an ad on Craigslist I can give ya link if anyone is interested.

I'll get the 4000 up for sale in the spring I need to keep it around for the winter just in case this 16K Kubota breaks down. They tell me thats unlikely but yeah... the day after someone trucks it out of here will be the rare occasion a Kubota falls apart. LOL

And I was having a lot of fun with that old thing too.... damn it all.
ot sure where you are located but I was having some bad back issues awhile back and the doc I saw got me sorted out. Did you get a second opinion? Back issues seldom get better on their own.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back