Semi Trailer Identify

cleddy

Member
I have an old 25 Ft round nose single axle trailer and would like to identify make and age. Also where would I look for any identifying tags or marks. It does have a sort of unique front crown with a diamond on the front. I use it for storage but am thinking maybe some of the classic Truckers should have it before it completely rusts away. I will attempt to post pictures but this being a first on here we will see if it works. Any information at all will be appreciated. cleddy .
 
I will try pictures again. I guess it is not a diamond but a triangle on the front. Cleddy
a5097.jpg
 
going to guess its an old fruhouf [spelling] i believe they had that crown on the nose probably from the late 40's maybe early 50's there should be a data plate if its still present either by the air line hookups or on the left corner of the body , that old it may be long gone
 
I am in the Omaha, Nebr. area. It is an old Fruhauf trailer(before 1950) based on the fittings where the air lines hook up and what I found on the internet. Construction is steel & wood slats covered with steel(before Aluminum)sort of a conversion from the old live-stock trailer. Suspension is single axle leaf springs.

Almost no one showed much interest in it and I don't have a place for the contents right now so looks like I am stuck with it. I would like to find an old Semi-Tractor or truck that I could pull it around with? cleddy
 
Cleddy, you very well may be correct that it is a Fruehauf but I think it is not. I live in VA so it is not practical for me to look at it but I belong to several antique truck organizations and I will research more.
 
Yeah I don't know how many were like this but since the air brake fittings have the word "Fruhauf" cast in them that my conclusion for now. The structure inside the steel siding looks just like this picture of the Fruhauf Live-stock trailer I found. Susposedly they were the inventor of the Semi-Trailer and came up with different applications. cleddy
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top