September rainfall, such as it was.

Steve in VA

Well-known Member
It just keeps getting worse. It's now been a calendar year since I had water in the creek. Both springs that feed it are barely moist. No rain has hurt.

Historically, I should have 5.1" in September and last year in my station I recorded 2.18". This year: 0.95". That equates to 18.6% of historical normal. There is a threat of some rain this weekend.
 
Last edited:
It just keeps getting worse. It's now been a calendar year since I had water in the creek. Both springs that feed it are barely moist. No rain has hurt.

Historically, I should have 5.1" in September and last year in my station I recorded 2.18". This year: 0.95". That equates to 18.6% of historical normal. There is a threat of some rain this weekend.
I hope that threat pays off.
 
It just keeps getting worse. It's now been a calendar year since I had water in the creek. Both springs that feed it are barely moist. No rain has hurt.

Historically, I should have 5.1" in September and last year in my station I recorded 2.18". This year: 0.95". That equates to 18.6% of historical normal. There is a threat of some rain this weekend.
I know how that is. Both my spring feed lakes are all but dry due to being in an extreme drought but the weather guesser say we will get rain later today and Thursday and Friday.
 
It just keeps getting worse. It's now been a calendar year since I had water in the creek. Both springs that feed it are barely moist. No rain has hurt.

Historically, I should have 5.1" in September and last year in my station I recorded 2.18". This year: 0.95". That equates to 18.6% of historical normal. There is a threat of some rain this weekend.
We got .04" of rain in September but we have rain in the forecast from Thursday night through Sunday.
 
10.57" for Sept. here in Eastern Iowa. Probably another inch
in the gauge this morning from overnight rain.
It's going to be a muddy fall for us. Tried corn Tuesday & the
Grandson was cutting tracks several places. Had to back
out several places with water standing.
Jim
 
.34 for September in central GA. Really hated having to drag drip tape out to plant some of my fall plants, but they were going to get too big in the trays waiting for rain. At least there is no weeds. Put seed in a few other rows and a place across the road. It will have to sit until it gets wet hopefully Sat/Sun.
 
It just keeps getting worse. It's now been a calendar year since I had water in the creek. Both springs that feed it are barely moist. No rain has hurt.

Historically, I should have 5.1" in September and last year in my station I recorded 2.18". This year: 0.95". That equates to 18.6% of historical normal. There is a threat of some rain this weekend.
I definitely feel your pain Steve. Many springs and creeks are dry here. We are hoping and praying for some rain this weekend.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top