Serial number ID help please

Willie VA

New User
I"ve read and read again all the serial number decoders until I"ve got a headache. Can someone tell me if I"m looking at this correctly please?
Stamped numbers on left side near starter.
Top: 21201
Bottom: *47391* (*=diamonds)
I always thought it was a 600 series and have even bought parts for a 600 with no problems. But, now it looks like maybe it"s a 2000?
I"m only the 2nd owner and I"m pretty sure it was bought new in Dec 1964
Thanks in advance
CIMG0284.jpg
 
sheet metal and that model id of 21201 DOES make it a 2000 series. mid 64 or later 64 i'd say.

soundguy
 
21201 - 2000 with Utility chassis, 4 speed and non-live PTO.

Serial number *47391* should make it a 1964 tractor.
 
(quoted from post at 05:09:31 11/08/11)
I always thought it was a 600 series and have even bought parts for a 600 with no problems.
The majority of (but not all) parts will interchange between a 600, 601, and 4-cyl. 2000.
 
Everyone has been right. I have a book at home that will tell me which month in 1964 it was built. If you would like that much detail, let me know and I'll look it up when I get home tonight.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top