Sherman backhoe packing nut

(quoted from post at 21:22:40 12/27/20) I'm mid project in repairing some VERY
leaky swing cylinders. Would anyone happen
to know where I could find some packing
nuts for these cylinders?

My guess is NLA and you will have to have them made. Something like this one off an old Wagner loader.

TOH


mvphoto67326.jpg


mvphoto67327.jpg
 
(quoted from post at 18:22:40 12/27/20) I'm mid project in repairing some VERY
leaky swing cylinders. Would anyone happen
to know where I could find some packing
nuts for these cylinders?
here might be a few places I can think of that MIGHT have the ability to make the appropriate packing if you can't find it elsewhere. https://www.aggressivehydraulics.com/ and https://www.texashydraulics.com/ actually build custom cylinders. Maybe they would help you with the packings if you can't find anything else?
 
(quoted from post at 22:17:07 12/31/20) ToH

Would you feel com0fortable using 6064
aluminum to make a packing nut? Brass would
be $39 an inch for 3 1/2" round stock

No. I would make it from steel which is not expensive. First choice would be 8620 for machinability. Cut to length for $6.50 per inch. Just about any grade would be fine.

TOH
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top