Sherman power digger pro pump

rdjinny

Member
Can anyone tell me what size pto gear pump I would need for a sherman backhoe, I believe it has an 8 gal. hydraulic tank, I received this with my 8n and hasn't been installed yet
 

A 7 to 8 GPM pump is going to cycle the oil in the tank about once every minute when at rated speed. A tank should be 1.5 times the pump volume is used as a rule of thumb by some. By that you would be looking at about 5.5 GPM. Food for thought as you await other answers.
 
Thanks for the reply I have been trying to find out what it should be, this is something new to me but trying to learn
 
(quoted from post at 12:48:03 02/06/22) Can anyone tell me what size pto gear pump I would need for a sherman backhoe, I believe it has an 8 gal. hydraulic tank, I received this with my 8n and hasn't been installed yet

Most tractor mounted hoes can operate with a 1:1 reservoir to flow so an 8 GPM pump would be fine and give you optimal cycle time.

TOH
 
(quoted from post at 09:48:03 02/06/22) Can anyone tell me what size pto gear pump I would need for a sherman backhoe, I believe it has an 8 gal. hydraulic tank, I received this with my 8n and hasn't been installed yet
don't know the gear size but maybe this will help you figure it out. The 54B manual states to operate backhoe in Overdrive at 1700 RPM which equals about 1000 RPM PTO pump speed. I do not recall where I read 14 gallons per minute that the pump puts out at this speed.

Haven't installed the overdrive yet so the pumo operates about 575 or so rpms. The hoe works at this pace but is slow in comparison to what it could do. You can smooth two functions together as long as one of them is shifting weight or with gravity. In some maneuvers it is quicker to do them one at a time.

mvphoto87765.jpg


mvphoto87766.jpg


mvphoto87767.jpg
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top