Show us your tractor mirrors

I need to mount mirrors on my tractors that only have a canopy and rollbar anybody got pictures on how you mounted them i need some good ideas. Thanks
 
I have one on my Farmall B with loader for plowing snow along highway.
a169134.jpg
 
Sounds like my tractor. I mounted apiece of alum. angle to the two front bolts that hold the canopy, them mounted truck mirror laying flat to the alum. angle. Now I can see what's going on behind, mowing right or anything else going on back there.
 
Do not have a canopy on my Farmall H's, so mirror is mounted to the light bar.
2038.jpg


Found this on goggle, it may be more in line of what you needing. All that would be needed is some metal electrical conduit, some way to bend it, and the right size clamp on the back of the mirror of your choice.
2039.jpg
 
Not good with pictures. I mounted the mirrors on the front canopy where it bolts to the frame of the roll bar. On the drivers side I made a bracket that will swing outside the canopy so I can see behind when pulling tall wagons down the road. I don't want to make a left turn in front of someone passing me.

On my Super C I mounted one on the headlight bracket.

The older I get the more I use them. I use the big round ones with the wide view lens. I get used ones they take off the front of school buses from the local school.
 
a simple old time 6x8 truck mirror on a 16 inch tube has worked very well on the extreme front right side of the hood on my 430 case ,. it is mounted with a single 3/8s bolt thru the hood bolt hole closest to the power steering pump , this is the 1st yr , but so far it has not came loose or been knokt around .really like it when roading between fields
 
For my JD Compact 3320 I used mirrors from All States that mount on the Loader masks. Actually I only used one on the 3320 and the other I mounted hanging from the Canopy on my 2520. Both work well although on the 3320 I used a longer mounting flat iron to get it higher.

For the neighbor he came with an old Truck mirror with a stud on each end for mounting. I mounted that to his JD Canopy in a way that he can both adjust it looking back up/down and right/left. He wanted it to work both on the highway and when cutting hay with a discbine. Like me, he has trouble twisting around and a mirror is helpful.

When I plow with my 4200 rollover plow I mount a mirror in the cab just to the upper right of my head so I can tip it down and see most of he plow when plowing. It works great to both see the plow and confirm the plow rolls over properly when turning around. When I turn I never clutch, I just leave a little bigger headland, raise the plow, start my turn with a little brake applied, complete the turn and drop the plow. During all this I can glimpse in the mirror the proper rotation of the plow as I am turning.

One additional comment, there is a product called RAM that is a collection of Monitor, Mirror, Cell Phone, etc, mounting hardware. I have not tried these parts yet but plan to.

I hope this helps.

Paul
a169198.jpg
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top