SMTA Diesel

Nebraska Kirk

Well-known Member
I have torn down my SMTA diesel and it’s restoration has begun!

Rear end gears are junk, but I have good used gears out of a 400 to put in there. Engine turned out to not be as bad as I thought. I actually got it unstuck without even trying! I was just loosening the front crankshaft nut when the engine broke loose! Sleeves are still 4” but quite worn so I am going to bore them to 4-1/8” and pop in a god used set of 4-1/8” pistons I have. Crankshaft still looks pretty good, hoping I can reuse rod & main bearings and be good to go. Of course I will be going completely through the fuel system and TA as well. This will make a nice mate for my gas smta.😁
 

Attachments

  • ED761FD5-5965-4B13-88BB-0F3BF44F1163.jpeg
    ED761FD5-5965-4B13-88BB-0F3BF44F1163.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 83A7BCEB-D1BC-4CB5-956F-B94E3AC68350.jpeg
    83A7BCEB-D1BC-4CB5-956F-B94E3AC68350.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 0
  • EBD27863-465E-4278-9A33-61F81B214BF5.jpeg
    EBD27863-465E-4278-9A33-61F81B214BF5.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 56006221-D6EB-4EFD-A9DE-B7D990AE84E0.jpeg
    56006221-D6EB-4EFD-A9DE-B7D990AE84E0.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 6D59CC50-7101-4F9D-AF6F-D5BFF8A9CCE7.jpeg
    6D59CC50-7101-4F9D-AF6F-D5BFF8A9CCE7.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 69395146-68D9-461A-AECB-CDCB8929646C.jpeg
    69395146-68D9-461A-AECB-CDCB8929646C.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 0
  • C7691AE8-EEFA-4813-9EA6-2A423C8CEBF4.jpeg
    C7691AE8-EEFA-4813-9EA6-2A423C8CEBF4.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 6D2A523B-AF76-46CE-B9E1-792575F5D732.jpeg
    6D2A523B-AF76-46CE-B9E1-792575F5D732.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 92C52CCE-3035-4B13-BBFF-68BF2E79A1C6.jpeg
    92C52CCE-3035-4B13-BBFF-68BF2E79A1C6.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 4006C6A2-D794-474C-A0A9-719E2884C38F.jpeg
    4006C6A2-D794-474C-A0A9-719E2884C38F.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 0
I have a 400D also, it’s on the list to get restored too. I have a 400 gas I mechanically rebuilt 16 years ago and a SMTA gas that I am currently finishing up the mechanical rebuild.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top