Snow removal with rear blade

shoes save gravel, I with blade backwards when I hit pavement turn around and back with blade going right way, already practiced 1.5 hours today :)
 
shoes save gravel, I with blade backwards when I hit pavement turn around and back with blade going right way, already practiced 1.5 hours today :)
 
I'd "play with" top link adjustment before trying shoes. IMHO shoes WOULD work, but what are you gonna do this spring when you try to use the blade to clean out a ditch or other grading work??
 
I would remove the shoes in the spring. Woods makes a shoe kit for the RB72 but they want a couple of hundered for them. I'd make up my own brackets to bolt the the blade and pick up some snowplow shoes.
 
I'd "play with" top link adjustment before trying shoes.

That's exactly what I do - shorten the top link up so the blade is "leaning forward" a bit. It won't cut into the gravel so much (you're still going to drag some with you, regardless).

es
 
I push snow backwards with my blade. With rear weights and chains you can push a lot of snow.
I use a 6' backblade and took a 2" steel pipe 6' long and cut a 1/2" slot the entire length of the pipe then slip it over the cutting edge of the blade. Tap it on with a BFH and it will clamp itself to your blade and not fall off. It will still move a little gravel around but works great when pushing snow back on the lawn, doesn't tear things up at all. In the spring just knock the pipe off and your ready to grade.
 
I've heard of cutting a slit in a 1 1/2" or 2" piece of galvanized pipe the length of your blade, and welding straps to it that will align with the bolts in the blade. The pipe will ride over the gravel.

Someone previously posted about this with pictures.

Thats one of those things I'm going to do as soon as I get a [i:c41ef779ad]roundtuit [/i:c41ef779ad]:D .

Y'all have a gooden...

Jess
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top