So I tried to post an intro....

Ala Eric

New User
and it kept getting rejected for using banned words, hate speech, SPAM, and other reasons. No specific reason was given, I just got an immediate response every time I tried to submit telling me to remove the offending word/statements. THERE WERE NONE! It was an intro post of my recent auction win complete with pictures and a write-up. Putting it all together was a waste of my time.

So I'll just ask my question since I can't share a tractor story without getting censored. Can anybody tell me if the swinging drawbar from another Oliver model will fit a 550 that already has the mounting bracket?

Sorry for the above rant, but dadgum what a frustrating waste of time dealing with this forum app that can't tell the difference between wholesome content and offensive material. If this post doesn't make it through I'll find an Oliver tractor group on FB instead. Sorry!

Eric

This post was edited by Ala Eric on 06/09/2021 at 03:48 am.

I can't tell you for sure that the width will be right on a row crop drawbar, but they can be made to fit. My uncle had one off a 70
on his, I had one off a 60 on one, but I don't recall if they had to be widened or narrowed. The big thing is, you'll have to make
some arms to hook it up to where the center link hooks. I made one for the Super 55 that I have now. The drawbar itself is from a
70, but I made the frame from angle iron. I thought I had a picture, but I can't find it. All I can find is the one I made for my

You may find Face Book isn't any better. Someone posted on a FaceBook page that they had a Super 55 with a bad steering box and I gave them contact info for Kent Gordon on a reply. I
was surprised to get a post saying my post was blocked due to their rules on Fraud and Spam.

Thanks for the help. I enjoy a good fabrication project but may have located one off a 550. We are checking on shipping costs to see if it is doable along with the purchase price. I'm hopeful it will work.

Seems like your actions were in the spirit of helping. Kind of harsh. I would have preferred my post be put in "jail" until a mod could review it rather than being outright rejected by an algorithm. I guarantee it did not have SPAM, profanity, nor hate speech. For some unknown reason the forum app flagged it. I mean how could a post about a good experience my son and I had at an auction, an tractor win, and subsequent clean-up of the tractor be offensive?

Eric

This post was edited by Ala Eric on 06/09/2021 at 03:57 pm.

If you are looking for a drawbar that works, search Maibach tractor in Creston Ohio, they have one
made similar to Ford utility tractors. It is much more practical than the Oliver drawbars.

Due to their online store, this site bans posts mentioning certain competitors' brands/names. Dunno if that's what you may have done but it happens. Regardless, welcome and don't be shy.

I have a 550 that uses a drawbar from a 77. The frame of the drawbar was drilled for the 550 mounting clevis's and I used bolts with holes drilled for cotter
pins instead of the Oliver pins that turn and latch. The 77 drawbar support arms were modified to connect to the top link connection plates. It was easy to
adapt the drawbar to fit the 550.

Kent Gordon in Palestine, Texas parts out 550 and Super
55s. He usually checks in here and on FB super 55 pages.
Good guy to deal with.

Thank you all for the help. I located a drawbar a couple states away and it is now on it's way to Alabama. It needs to be derusted, primed, and painted but otherwise appears to be in good shape.

Eric

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back