solar question

dennisshrin

New User
I'm finally getting around to setting up a solar system for lights in the wife's screen house.
I have a 45 watt panel , controller and lights.
What would be a good battery choice or for this? Deep cycle or regular 12 volt?
 
For years I used electric golf hand cart batteries that had lost enough capacity to no longer last 18 holes . The drain of modern LED lighting is so low the need for you beaut expensive lipo batteries just isn't there .
Deep cycle certainly , they tolerate greater discharge than vehicle batteries.
 
This is a word for word copy of a 2013 post by Jim in MA, by a new user -- AI or scammer?
Don't you know that AI is taking over a humans brain function?
In a few more years a human will need AI to tell them how to use a spoon and fork to feed themselves with. For they will not have the brain capacity to think or solve problems for themselves.
 
I hate batteries. Our solar system is set up for 48 volts, I started out with 4 Walmart deep cycle batteries. Two failed load tests within the first year. When I took the second one in for replacement they were not very nice about it. The system would never run the refrigerator overnight. I could run AC in the daytime when the sun was shining. They wanted $1000 a piece for lithium batteries, that would cost $4,000. I said forget that so the system has been dormant for years. A new company is offering 24 volt lithium batteries for $350 a piece so I picked up 2 on Amazon. We will see how that works out.
 
This is a word for word copy of a 2013 post by Jim in MA, by a new user -- AI or scammer?

Could be part of a paid AI traffic generator by this website that has backfired, given your keen skills. Of course some ads could start popping up in the classifieds. His other threads are copies as well.


 
Could be part of a paid AI traffic generator by this website that has backfired, given your keen skills. Of course some ads could start popping up in the classifieds. His other threads are copies as well.
This is an implication with no basis. Unless you’re a very knowledgeable in internet and website function. My point is it seems you would throw unfounded accusations at the operations of Yesterday’s Tractors because they are making changes from “how it used to be”
This in my opinion is an “infiltrator” setting themselves up to look like a legitimate member for the purpose of scamming someone.
And now Tony in SD has added that the member “Direct messaged” him to email someone. I believe that confirms my suspicions.
 
This is an implication with no basis. Unless you’re a very knowledgeable in internet and website function. My point is it seems you would throw unfounded accusations at the operations of Yesterday’s Tractors because they are making changes from “how it used to be”
This in my opinion is an “infiltrator” setting themselves up to look like a legitimate member for the purpose of scamming someone.
And now Tony in SD has added that the member “Direct messaged” him to email someone. I believe that confirms my suspicions.

Oh please. Relax. You're the one inferring things not stated. I'm not accusing them of anything nefarious. Get your pa nt ies unbunched.

Websites use advertising and traffic generators all the time. It could be that whoever they're using (if any) is trying out some new AI platform and it's out of this website's control. And it could be exactly what you say. And neither could be true. And it could just be a resourceful scammer.
 
And you'll be eating Soylent green....
I have been told alot of stupid things over the years. Things like.

You will never see a battery powered car on the roads. But they're here.
You will never see a car drive itself around. But here we are with Waymo cars driving themselves around on city streets.
The grocery store delivery man replaced by a Door Dash robot out roaming the streets.
Robots replacing workers was a laugh. Yet robots have replaced many human beings in the workforce.

Why waste your time sending your kids to school? No need for them to learn to read, do math or anything about science or math. AI is here and has all of the answers for them. A lot of kids today suffer from brain rot so bad that they need AI or Alexa to give them instructions on how to fart. And it's only getting worse.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top