Somewhat rare 9N at the Barrett-Jackson auction ...

Crazy Horse

Link below to a 9N Ford (aluminum hood version) up for grabs (on day 1) at this month's Barrett Jackson no-reserve auction in Arizona. Apparently it was one of the first 500 made. If any YT'er happens to pick it up, let us know :):) !! I suspect that the hoods were painted grey from the factory.

The tires are like going to a professional interview with two different shoes on! Jim

Link below to a 9N Ford (aluminum hood version) up for grabs (on day 1) at this month's Barrett Jackson no-reserve auction in Arizona. Apparently it was one of the first 500 made. If any YT'er happens to pick it up, let us know :):) !! I suspect that the hoods were painted grey from the factory.

I see many early 9N features - GEN is wrong. can't see if a cutout is on, also would be wrong. No tractor came with a grille guard, running boards, or lights from the factory; dealer options. I'd like to see the s/n stamp. Only the first 800 or so units had the aluminum hood and doglegs. Snap-In battery Cover correct. Dash looks good but gauges are not original. 4-Spoke Steering Wheel correct but likely a new repop as well as the horizontal bar aluminum grille, OK.. 32" rears with OEM 6-LOOP style rims and smooth axle hubs. SEDIMENT BULB wrong, OEM was a brass unit. CM HALL Headlights (maybe) correct but lights were options. Will be interesting to see.

Tim Daley (MI)

Maybe not as rare as you might think. A friend sent this picture of the one they just finished the other day.
Ron

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0(23)(3).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(23)(3).jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 93
I see many early 9N features - GEN is wrong. can't see if a cutout is on, also would be wrong. No tractor came with a grille guard, running boards, or lights from the factory; dealer options. I'd like to see the s/n stamp. Only the first 800 or so units had the aluminum hood and doglegs. Snap-In battery Cover correct. Dash looks good but gauges are not original. 4-Spoke Steering Wheel correct but likely a new repop as well as the horizontal bar aluminum grille, OK.. 32" rears with OEM 6-LOOP style rims and smooth axle hubs. SEDIMENT BULB wrong, OEM was a brass unit. CM HALL Headlights (maybe) correct but lights were options. Will be interesting to see.

Tim Daley , You forgot the radiator cap. And with the rust, it must have been an older restoration. My opinion, way too much tire shine. Joe

Maybe not as rare as you might think. A friend sent this picture of the one they just finished the other day.
Ron
If that is a picture of the Hill family collection in North Carolina then an early 9N that I restored is in that picture. I sold it to Dustin a few years ago.

Someone good enough could look back but I think it was sold there in that auction about 6 years ago , did not bring all that much back then

Dustin and his family are great people. Dustin comes to Florida every year in February for the Florida Flywheelers show. He always makes time to come by and see us. We have traded a lot of old Ford parts over the last 10 years
They are. We have traded a lot of ford parts mostly high crop parts. Last thing was a cub I sold him.
One time I got a 172 motor for a 850 I had. When I got it running it was smoking and knocking. I called him and told him how disappointed I was in it. I let it sit there running and the smoking started to subside and the knocking didn't get worse and sounded like spark knock. I turned the distributor a little bit and it quieted down. The smoke was oil in the exhaust that burned away. So I called Justin back and apologized.
They have bunch of nice tractors.
Ron

It is nice but IMHO not that rare or collectible with multiple errors, rust 7 shiny tires. I’m not sure the 9Ns had a quadrant warning chain but if the did the chain & warning tag are placed incorrectly

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back