Son in hospital

John in Mich

Our oldest son (57) fell off his barn roof, today. He is now in ER. Broken right femur near the hip and broken right arm above the
wrist. He will be getting some surgeries Tomorrow and Tuesday.
He and my grandsons are building a barn, 40x64. Today they were supposed to finish the roof steel. Nope. He slipped and fell near the peak and slid all the way off the roof extension over the service door, about 10' above
ground. Velocity sent him about 7' beyond.
I just texted his wife and said that Marines don't lay around!

Ouch. Hope he gets well soon.
I'm allergic to gravity and pain.

Sounds like your sun is also allergic to gravity.

yikes, just watching people on roofs especially on tin. gives me the jitters. need suction cups on your shoes, lol. but P.P.E. would have avoided that.

My step son fell off a load of hay ( wrapped hay with snow on ) broke his left leg by the hip , they had to put a rod in it took weeks of house rest for it to heal with crutches . Was a slow process but it did heal . Best of luck to him . Bryan

No argument. So much effort was put into this using custom built moveable scaffolds and a lift when doing all of the framing and sheeting. I have worried since the project started. I wanted him to use shingles instead of steel.

Praying for a fast full recovery.

I passed out and fell off a ladder while installing the rafters in my pole barn shed and broke my back. Doctors said it was from dehydration. Cost me more in doctor bills than it would have to have some young guys put up the building. While I was able to go back to work I never fully recovered.

This is a picture of a coworker ankle. He slipped in a mud puddle in his driveway 7 months ago. While he is up and walking he is still out of work. I wish your son the best.

cvphoto167880.jpg

Roof safety is pretty intense my roof is 12/12 most places and 13/12 in others. It all requires toe boards and safety harnesses. May he recover rapidly, he is young enough to be have a quick recovery. Jim

saw that happen to a co-worker. Was sitting on a sheet of tin facing the eves when the tin took off. From the side it looked like he was on a sled. Shot out past the edge like a rocket but not hurt seriously. Guess he was facing the right direction to land well, if roughly. Dad came sliding off our shingled garage roof & almost landed on me. About a 10 foot drop but landed on his feet.

Thoughts and prayers go out to your son John. Thank God it wasn't worse. Perhaps friends and neighbors might help finish the project. Mabe Habitat for Humanity can help too?

Tim Daley (MI)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back