SOS shift valve pressure adjustments and band adjustment

Hello,

I am replacing my shift control valve and have some questions about the procedure for checking and adjusting the pressures. I have the supplemental SOS book from ford, and want to make sure I understand the diagram they provide. I did take it all part and cleaned up everything. I will use feeler gauges to set b1 and b2.

Get the traction coupling disconnected. Verify the fluid is at the correct mark (its brand new 3 gallons)

I need 3 gauges installed in the test ports. If I have the cover off, and the cable out, I'm assuming they want you to shift to neutral by rotating the cam with a wrench for Trans reg valve and Pto? [b:2575c52ae2]I do not have a pto so should I even worry about this one?[/b:2575c52ae2]

The system relief also wants you to shift through all the gears. I can again rotate this with a wrench or should I be hooking the cable back up?

Since I don't have a pto or pto handle, what do I do for the ones that require it to be out? like the Lube Relief? I also don't know that I have one of these, as I believe its the light in the shifter

Once these are set you remove the valve again and put the retainers back on.

[b:2575c52ae2]For the bands[/b:2575c52ae2]

I am holding the flat head adjusting screw, backing off the nut 2 turns, and then using what the book recommends 5-10 ft lbs when the adjusting screw bottoms? Then I turn that screw off from that with what the book recommends and hold the screw while tightening the nut back?

You should be fine on running it through the gears with the cover off. Important thing is that the oil is at least warm, I believe they specify something like 120 degrees. Ignore all references to PTO if you don't have it.

For the bands, your procedure sounds correct. Once you back off the bands, hold the adjusting screw while tightening the locknut.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back