Spark plugs

pbb

Member
I have a 35 D with champion W89D plugs in it.Im wanting to put in some new plugs in it.My local parts store has Autolite 3076 in stock.Witch plug is better?From what i have read that everyone says to throw the champions away.I think the Autolite 3077 is hotter but they dont have them.I was wondering if I need to clean up the champions or get the Autolite 3076 or find some 3077 .I can get the 3076 at my auto parts for 2 for about 7 bucks.Thanks.
 
How does your tractor run on the champions? If it runs good on them why change? If you're having fouling problems cause of cold plugs, go to a hotter one. Your parts dealer can surely order the 1077 plugs. Your call. rw
 
It runs good but at idle it wants to load up a little.I was thinking of getting a little hotter plug. I have adjusted the carb the best i could also. Im also running dual exaust manifold and the intake is a strait shot into the head so the gas isnt getting warmed up like in a all fuel manifold.
 
I just have better luck with the deep reach side wire electrode hotter 3077 plugs myself. It helps avoid fouling if you get n keep the temp up to 180 and over,,,,,,,,,use wire core plug wires,,,,,,,,,dont run the carb any richer then necessary,,,,,,,, have a well tuned good hot mag

John T
 
dont throw them away! they are hard to find & probably can be disassembled & cleaned. keep them if you change. your spark may be a bit weak.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top