Evh515093

New User
How would I split my case Vai 1944 tractor without an engine hoist? Rear and front 1 at a time. I know to take all the parts that are connecting it together but my thing is how do I jack it up in certain areas without breaking something, like the oil pan...
 


Refer to the post on April 25th "Splitting a VA". As far as the engine hoist, don't go cheap. Rent one or buy one.$235.00 new or $175.00 used. When your done with it, sell it in the want ads. Safety First! A Manual from Saeli Equipment is very helpful. 315-585-9826. Keep us apprised . Chuck Machinist
 
My old phone died the other day otherwise I would post a couple of pics of the 46vac I have split right now. I believe if you look a page or two back in the history you can see a couple pics that chuck Machinist and I posted for splitting my vac. For the front end I am using an engine hoist with a logging chain wrapped around the back of the motor just Infront of the mounting flanges. On the torque tube I have a pair of trail jacks that have a pipe welded to the pipe stub that you would weld onto a trail. I'm going to be at work for the next few days but on Monday I can take pics of my setup.
 
https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=case&th=368521
I believe this should be the link to my questions for splitting my vac
 
I put the engine of mine on blocks and the rear end I put on a furniture dolly. When I got the bolts out it just easily rolled away from the engine. Mine had a front loader on it. The loader was harder to get off and re-install than splitting the tractor.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top