Splitting Stand on Rails

jlg_mmfarms

New User
Has anyone used a splitting stand like this?

cvphoto65515.jpg

Pops up a lot on Google searches for stands, but I haven't seen any reviews or anything where people talk about using them. Have 2 4020s and a 3020 that will need split soon. I don't have any stands and have never done a split. It seems like the track would help getting things back together.

My big splitting stands are on rails and are factory made , they came out of a closing I H dealer . Ya can split up to the big four wheel drives with them . . And i have used them on splitting a couple big fords and used them to roll the rear ends out from under cab tractors or doing a t/A split on big cab tractors . But they can be a pain getting everything set up . Most of the time i use my home made stand, it is on steel wheels rolls easy and trac.'s true with easy leveling and adjustment. Just place the jack stands under the back end to hold it in place from tipping forward or back ward and roll the ft away as far as you need .

The idea looks good. 1 of my 4020's had to be split far apart to drill in a new hole for the pto brake, it got a little out of line and took some doing to get things lined back up. The other 4020 I did an out of frame overhaul and when I got the frontend together it was a little off also. Neither time was anything hard to overcome it just took a little longer to get back together

I know one of the dealerships around here have one like that, I may someday build one like that but I plan to add on to my shop before I do that. if you plan on doing a lot of tractor repairs it would be worth the money.

When splitting the front should have the axle pivot wedged and then blocked. The rear is supported by a wheeled trailer jack rigidly attached to the side of the center housing eliminating any possibility of it slipping off a wheeled floor jack. The rear rolls much more easily than the front.

I have that set and use them at least a couple of times a month. They work very well for tractorss up to about 100 HP.We have made a couple of modifications to the brackets for some tractors.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back