Spring 1972

rusty6

Wow, coming up on 52 years ago. Me on the Cockshutt 50 with the Case 12 foot disker ready for planting spring wheat. I still have both machines but don't think I will use them to put the crop in. Jigsaw took me just over 11 minutes.

cvphoto167728.jpg

Disker Jigsaw

We used to call them One-Ways. I don't know why. Usually towed a packer behind as part of the rig.

Doing that puzzle really gave you the original "home field advantage"!! Are the wooden buildings still to the right of the bins?

19:30 something

This post was edited by JWinIndiana on 11/30/2023 at 10:35 am.

(quoted from post at 10:28:35 11/30/23)
We used to call them One-Ways. I don't know why. Usually towed a packer behind as part of the rig.
Some called them that here too due to the fact they only threw the soil one direction. As opposed to a tandem which threw soil both ways.

Those one way planters were widely used in the thin soil around here for grazing oats and Sudan haygrazer. JD made a much smaller one that I pulled with an 8N.
cvphoto167739.jpg

How would one of those at putting in cover crops on soybean stubble? Spring of 72 I was with my Uncle at Fort Campbell, KY on my way to Walter Reed, Pentagon and Fort Meyers.

(quoted from post at 11:25:08 11/30/23) Doing that puzzle really gave you the original "home field advantage"!! Are the wooden buildings still to the right of the bins?
Those old wooden bins were re-located in 1977 when we put up the 40x70 steel quonset. Now they just store more of my "junk'.

Nice photo Ralph and great history of your farm. Assuming that's you on the tractor, who took the photo?

We had relatives that farmed near Cabri, SK quite awhile back. Once in a letter my cousin mentioned her husband was working summerfallow with the disker. I had never heard of that implement so I asked for an explanation as we in North Dakota always called them one-ways.

(quoted from post at 16:33:15 11/30/23) How would one of those at putting in cover crops on soybean stubble? Spring of 72 I was with my Uncle at Fort Campbell, KY on my way to Walter Reed, Pentagon and Fort Meyers.

I don't know much about soybeans but I'd guess the disker would work just fine seeding into the stubble.
Ron, I'd think my dad took the photo. It was originally a 126 slide that I scanned into a jpeg image.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back