spring fever in Indiana

chrisalma

Member
I seen the message last week about speading manure and thought I should get the IH 756 and spreader out. Got it greased up and started cleaning barn with the New Holland 1720. Half hour later started to rain so I just started stacking it in a pile outside the barn, wasnt about to give up it was nice to get out. Got one barn done got two more to go. I took this pic when I was about 1/3 done with the first barn. I got a lot of spreading to do. Also the manure around hay feeder was still froze.
a291.jpg
 
Uff-Da, Don't remind me.

I've gotta get the thrid beater and side-boards on this year 'cause I've got two carrols standing 4' deep and it's a mile and a half haul out to that far field this year.

UGH! HATE IT!

Allan

field2.JPG
 
Its a good thing we did that spreading last weekend because this morning we have a dusting of snow on top of mud and a it is still snowing a little. What's the old saying, rain on easter sunday, rain for seven sundays? Well how about snow? I dont remeber that before. We are about 18-20 days from start of the normal planting window and we like to be done by the end of april but have been done before the 20th at times. Really it hasnt been nearly as wet here as to our south, not even close, but it just wont warm up and we never see the sun except a day at a time so we cant get dried out. Oh well, looks like you are having fun with your work!
bill
 
Should've had that tractor & loader when I was a teen. Had to use those 6 tang forks to load the spreader. Had a big concrete pit where the manure was dumped when cleaning the barns. Hal
 
Talking about snow.

This was taken about 5 minutes ago.

Glad the snowblower is still hooked up.

Gary
easter%20snow%20001.jpg
 
Oh I had my days of the old pitchfork but when I moved out and got me a wife dad had no choice than to cut the wall out big enough to get my little tractor in there or he would have to do all the scoop'n by himself. just kidding dad lol
 
I dunno mabe I'm wrong,but is'nt ''tang''singular for "tines"?? I had a fellow I was Helping one time,he did have a small speech problem.We were replaceing tines on a rake,when he ask me to get that tang hanging on the wall.--- You will have to excuse me about my spell checker, cause it's dephective. LOL
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top