SPRING TURKEY

xcsp

Member
Hello Monday was first day of spring turkey in Ohio what a great day in the woods ,the turkeys where lighting up the woods first light ,there is not a better sound in my opinion of gobblers sounding off .

We had 4 young Jakes come in within 40 yards of our setup ,I passed on them 1/2 beards will let them become mature Gobblers. then about 10:00 Am we had coming at us Gobbling , Strutting, coming straight at our decoys





 
Here's one hanging around friend in FL country home.
a112930.jpg
 
You need to come down to SW Ohio there are a lot of places they are as thick as flees on a hound dog! I have about 8 running around our woods that I have seen. They are about as thick as the deer are now. Bandit
 
(quoted from post at 09:03:26 04/24/13) Congrats, Im near Carrollton Ohio.. I took off
Friday. Hope to get a nice one like that.

good Luck Jim
this bird was taken in jefferson county
Hammondsville,Ohio
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top