Square wheel H

Russ from MN

We are visiting Washington state for a few days, happened to be here for the Eastern Washington Agricultural Museum show, at Pomeroy WA, what a bonus! There was an R there just like I spent a lot of time on in my younger years, I showed our son how I would start it! I thought this H was unique. My dad also had a combine like this, most everything was inside, in beautiful condition.
cvphoto122077.jpg

cvphoto122078.jpg

cvphoto122081.jpg

No picture of the R? Dad got one about December 20, 1963, had local Deere tune-up wizard tune it up, 2 hour road trip there, 2 hour trip home. And it still only pulled a 3 bottom plow. Was about 2nd week of April '64 when it left the Farm. I finished plowing with the SM-TA pulling the Deere 4-14 plow.
Neighbor had a Deere #40 self propelled combine, got an 8 or 9, maybe 10 ft platform for small grains, 2 row corn head he NEVER used. Combine sat outside 50 weeks of the year, and sat out the 2 weeks he spent combining 40 acres of oats. We combined the same amount of acres of oats in 3-4 days maybe a week depending on weather with a pull-type #30 Deere. Sometimes I'd be done raking straw by the time Dad finished combining.

Interesting - those square wheels invented by Royal C. Riblet and patented in 1929, have somewhat complicated linkages buried inside the wheel that ensures the bottom of the wheel always has a pair of pads in contact with the ground. Can't imagine they were of much value for an H, however.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back