stabilizer bars

erichoff

New User
hello does anyone have measurements from center to center of holes on stabilizer bars for 49 8n would like to make a set to specs these will be used on a 5ft bush hog thanks
 
I have found with the holes at 31 9/16 centers are easier to hook up implements than 31 1/2" centers. The pins for the stabilizer should be right across from the lower TPH pins. Some brackets have adjustments, some with no adjustment.
 
Even though there are set standards for the 3 pt implement's hitch, I have found some that do not comply with the 26" lower link spacing. So I made a set of stabilizer bars from 1" water pipe with a 1" nut welded on the end of the shortened pipe. Then I took Gr 5 all thread and made the next section of the stab bar, having the end plate and hitch hole. Because of the angles, it is not possible to get infinite length adjustment, but a full turn of the outer end changes the length of the stab bar by 1/8", and that works very well. Now you can use both stab bars on all implements.

Paul in MN
 
That can depend on if the lift arms are orignal or not. I have the orignal bars for a 2N and that hitch is evactly the same as an 8N. What I am getting at is the orignal bars are I found out after I had problems trying to use the stabilizer bar and they were too long the after market replacement bars I have on are just a mite shorter and that made the bars too long. Only way to know measurement is trial and error to find out the length of your lift arms.
 
I purchased a set of stabilizer bars for my 8N and thought I'd play it smart by ordering one adjustable one. I figured I'd put on the flat one then adjust the other one to fit with no problems.

Trouble was (as you can see in the pics) there was too much angle on the eye on the adjustable one and it would not slide onto the pin. I tried turning the eye over so the angle was the other way...even tried turning the bar around so the angled end was on the tractor instead of the implement.

I finally had to heat the eye end and straighten it out. After that it slipped right on. I don't know why the angle was so drastic. As you can see in one of the pics the bar is practically a straight shot back from the tractor to the implement. So why all that angle?

F-adjStabilizer.jpg

F-adjStabilizer4.jpg

F-adjStabilizer3.jpg
 

mine is the same way -- but I have been able to get it to work without bending it -- but can be a PITA sometimes
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top