starter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennis-HT

New User
I have a YM2000, when I try to start it somrtimes all I get is a click. I thought it was a weak battery, but charging it didn't fix the problem. I tapped it with a hammer and the starter engaged. Do you think taking the starter apart and cleaning it will fix the problem.
 
You can try taking it apart if you are mechanically inclined. Otherwise you may want to take your starter to a starter shop & see if they can do anything with it. Normally when a starter sticks like that it is because the brushes are stuck or wore down.

If you can't rebuild it we have some new (Made in the USA) high output starters that will make a huge difference in the cranking ability of your tractor. A very good option if your tractor is hard to start when it gets cold out.

<LINK_TEXT text="http://www.hoyetra...ROD&amp;Product_Code=124450-77010</LINK_TEXT>
 
To ensure that it's the starter, test that you get the same problem when jump-starting (I don't mean with a booster battery but by jumping the terminals to bypass the ignition key or deteriorated cables or connectors).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top