DPittman
Well-known Member
I’m sure there has been a lot of discussion on this page about the Z-129 Continental engines in a TO-30 but never having owned one I haven’t paid attention. Till now. Just drug home a TO-30 which I’m sure is stuck which I’m not too much worried about, dealt with that before.
My concern is the apparent design flaw that allows the block to crack. I’ve raised the hood on this thing and squirted some Kroil in the cylinders and that’s it.
IF I discover a cracked block what is the best method of repair?
This is going to be a cancer memorial tractor for my late sister so I’m willing to spend some money on it, just want a repair that will last. The machine shop I use is very good but I have not talked to them about welding it or whatever repair options they may have. When I pulled the plugs, cylinders two and three had rust on the plugs and there is rust in the cylinders also. Coolant leak from a cracked block is my pessimistic opinion.
Like I said, just getting started.
My concern is the apparent design flaw that allows the block to crack. I’ve raised the hood on this thing and squirted some Kroil in the cylinders and that’s it.
IF I discover a cracked block what is the best method of repair?
This is going to be a cancer memorial tractor for my late sister so I’m willing to spend some money on it, just want a repair that will last. The machine shop I use is very good but I have not talked to them about welding it or whatever repair options they may have. When I pulled the plugs, cylinders two and three had rust on the plugs and there is rust in the cylinders also. Coolant leak from a cracked block is my pessimistic opinion.
Like I said, just getting started.