Ricey06

Can someone help me with my 20 yr. old stihl 029S farm boss? I lost a part that attaches to the plastic stud atop the fuel tank.I'm guessing it was some kind of breather? Now the fuel spills out when on its side.I can't find a diagram or part # to replace the missing piece.Thanks for the help. Jeff

there would be no breather on the fuel tank because of the mutable angles a saw is run at fuel would run out, are you sure your not looking at the fuel outlet line from the tank ( a pic would help )

(quoted from post at 22:47:15 03/27/18) Can someone help me with my 20 yr. old stihl 029S farm boss? I lost a part that attaches to the plastic stud atop the fuel tank.I'm guessing it was some kind of breather? Now the fuel spills out when on its side.I can't find a diagram or part # to replace the missing piece.Thanks for the help. Jeff

This is the best I can come up with.
May be a charge for downloading--don't know
Copy and paste---Hope this helps.

http://dzmm.info/30-stihl-029-chainsaw-parts-diagram/stihl-029-chainsaw-parts-diagram-wiring-and-fuse-box-inside-super-full-representation-accordingly/

There is a short piece of hose on the top of the tank with a screw
stuck in the end of it. It's the vent. Six dollar part at stihl or
i suppose you could make one. Mine did the same thing this fall.
That part just misappeared.

there's a vent tube on top that bends over with a screw in it and there is a fuel pickup tube I guess that's what your calling a breather

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back