Summerfallow

rusty6

I summerfallow a few acres every year. Due to herbicide shortages I have had a hard time getting enough glyphosate, even at double last year's price, so I've had to do tillage on at least one field. Worked this little sixty acre patch on the weekend for the second time. It was making good cattle pasture with the green growth of volunteer oats and other weeds. I shot some video of the cattle as I worked near them.
cvphoto130182.jpg

summerfallow work

Hi Rusty,i am 30 % deaf,[from the 806 days] i couldn't pick up whats size Magnum your have, it sounded like 7180,to me,curious what u said?

(quoted from post at 08:22:10 07/11/22) Hi Rusty,i am 30 % deaf,[from the 806 days] i couldn't pick up whats size Magnum your have, it sounded like 7180,to me,curious what u said?
Its a 7130. What some refer to as the "boxcar magnum" line. A 1992 model. I don't know if subtitles or closed captions are available on my videos. I see them on other videos but not sure if I can make that happen on mine.
mvphoto94353.jpg

(quoted from post at 06:01:31 07/12/22) Not a farmer and not criticizing, but if it makes good pasture, why turn it under?
Its pretty simple. Letting the weeds grow too long will make for a poor crop when I seed it next year. Moisture and fertility will be lost in the growing weeds so I work it down several times through the summer.

(quoted from post at 06:05:35 07/12/22) Cattle hated to see that green turned under! How's the linkage repair going on the 2090?
The 2090 is in even more pieces now. A lot of disassembly to replace a $1 pin but its just a matter of getting the new pin now and getting it all back together. Its a good thing my brother is a mechanic as I'd never have been able to figure out what it needs or how it comes apart.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back