sunn hemp cover

kenbob

I have been doing sunn hemp cover crops for a few years now. I thought that stuff came up fast but didn't keep track of it. I cleaned out my beet patch, ran the spring tooth through it, once over with disk set straight, broadcast seed and back over with disk vee-ed a little to cover the seed. That was Wed afternoon and It is up today.

You must have moisture.

Getting bone dry here. Even the weeds stopped coming up.

Paul

We had 2 3/4 rain a few days before. The ground was workable but moist. I will probably have to water it to keep it alive for the next rain. Supposed to be 100 for a coupe of days here in NW MO.

What I planted today will get cut once and in the fall after frost I will cut it with the cycle bar mower. That will be the mat I plant cabbage and other cole crops in next year. That stuff doesn't break down very fast so the year after I plant my tomatoes in the same mulch.

(quoted from post at 12:40:07 07/22/23) I have been doing sunn hemp cover crops for a few years now. I thought that stuff came up fast but didn't keep track of it. I cleaned out my beet patch, ran the spring tooth through it, once over with disk set straight, broadcast seed and back over with disk vee-ed a little to cover the seed. That was Wed afternoon and It is up today.
is hemp seed actually a good commodial goods is it worth??

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back