Super 55 Aftermarket Steering Conversion

Ohiohills

Member
I have a 1955 Super 55, S/N 23490-518. It's a gas tractor with manual steering. I've heard that an aftermarket power steering kit was available for the Super 55 back in the '50s. Anyone know anything about these kits? Who manufactured them? How did the system work? How they were installed? Photos? A kit parts list or kit instruction manual? Etc., etc. I'm curious if a similar system could be assembled from generic parts and retrofitted. I realize that it might be a bit of a challenge, but it might be something fun to play with, and, hey, that"s what a workshop is for!!
 
Hi, I don"t know about old kits, but the link to the site below might give you some ideas. They make a kit for the Super 55. Good Luck.

http://jacksonpowersteering.com/
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top