Super 66 diesel

bv

Im looking at a Super 66 diesel that doesnt have a serial number tag on it, whats the difference in a improved Super 66 and a 660, what year did the improved 66 tractor come out? Im trying to figure out what year this tractor is, are there any other numbers or markings that will help? Thanks again

The improved Super came out in 57. The battery cover on the improved was larger, came down over the sides and had bolts holding it on, as well as being key start. The earlier Super had a smaller hinged battery cover. I don't know of any physical appearance that differed between the improved Super and the 660 other than the color of the wheels and grill, but at this point, a Super could have been repainted half a dozen times.

Were the injector pumps different on those too Chris? I thought about that after I posted the other reply.

The manifolds are different, the block casting numbers are different the 660 diesel has2 pre heaters, Late 660 tractors have Roosa master injection pumps Check the engine serial number as well.

This must be the 57 improved S66, it has the bigger battery box cover and key start also has factory 3 pt. hitch but tricycle front, how hard is it to find a good wide front for these tractors? Thanks again to you guys for all your input.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back