Super 77 diesel

I dont believe so. I have always just snugged them up good and tight. The important thing on these is you dont want a leak between the body of the energy cell and the little cap that goes on the outer end of energy cell. If you have these apart you need to ensure the sealing surfaces are flat and smooth, and shiny clean when putting back together. Lapping them with a fine compound is usually reqd. If the two mating surfaces are not good no amount of torque will get them to seal. I have seen several that had leaked beyound repair.

Actually there is a spec.

It's in the I&T manuals and I think it is 100 ft/lbs. I would rather you would look because the books aren't near me.

I will try to remember to look tomorrow and post it.

RT

I actually checked I@T manual. I dont believe its in mine unless I am going blind? I have a fleetline dealer service manual but loaned it out a while ago. Will check it when I get it back.

I looked in the 1650 section, and it is the same for your motor. It's in the front of the group in torque specs.

It gives 96 to 100 ft/lbs and also says oiled threads for that section. I have torque them to 100 on a good torque wrench. In other words, pretty tight.

RT

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back