Super A governor

Having some issues with my Super A. It ran fine when parked in the barn late last summer. After charging the battery found that the carb (Carter) was flooding badly. Took it apart. Could see no obvious reason. Needle and seat looked OK. Floats not full of gas. Took the carb off my C (Zenith) and fitted it complete with throttle linkage to the Super A. Synchronized the linkage as per the manual. Now runs but no response to the hand throttle at all. Linkage seems to be free as per manual. Governor has never been touched and has factory seal on the spring tension adjustment. Any ideas where to look before I tear into it?
Thanks
Karl
 
Sounds like a broken governor spring, you'll have to take the gov. off. You should not need to take the radiator off, but you will need to take the shroud off if it has one. you said you set it up according to the manual, so I assume you have an I&T book, if not, get one, it has a very good section on remove and rebuild of these units.I've done two in the past two years.
Good luck, and let us know how you do.
 
With hte hand throttle in the wide open position the rockshaft has no play and you can feel the spring tension (carb disconnected) If throttle is in idle position the rockshaft seems to have a lot of play. Is this normal?
 
Is there any play in in either shaft in verticle or horizontal directions as in worn bearings/bushings or shaft, I had to replace everything but the housing in the first one I did. As for the play you mention, make sure it is not in either end of the linkage coming from the throttle handle.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top