Super A Hyd.

ncbeefjerky

New User
I have a whine in the hydraulic system on my super A it works but I would like to know how to check the fluid and what type to use, I have been told to use 30 W motor oil in case the seals on the pump are leaking?
 
First off the best $30 you will spend on this tractor is for an owner's manual. Highly recommended. Reprints are available from any number of online sources.

The fill plug is on the side of the hydraulic block under the gas tank, up near the top, on the left side I think. When you can't get any more oil in without it running back out, it's full.

If the oil is leaking into your engine, there is no point in putting oil in. Take the pump off and fix it. Use hydraulic fluid, preferably CaseIH Hytran or a fluid labled as compatible. Do NOT use regular engine oil because it has detergent (basically soap) in it and the hydraulic system will cause it to foam up.
 
What would you recommend for the best for total information on the super A, maintenance, specks, and restoration the more I learn the less I know thanks
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top