Super c carb adjustmlents

WayneMo

My super c has a zenith carb with an adjustable fuel needle and a air screw. What is the adjustment for each as far as turns out.
Also my carb has a fixed brass jet inside the carb where the fuel needle is adjusted. This does not seem right, is the needle supposed to enter a brass jet instead of a cast iron opening? I read somewhere that some zenith carbs for super c only had a fixed brass jet and no adjustable fuel needle. Could mine have both?

Let me start off with this first , I can give you BASE LINE SETS as a starting point BUT for best results lets start with a full major tune up . First on the list is valve adjustment , on this subject a HOT set is a temp of a stabilized temp of 70 Degrees F or above . When setting valves look the rocker arm over for ware where it hits the valve and place the fleer gauge in the ware area ONLY to get the best set , you sholud feel a light drag on the feeler gauge . Next up is new set of plugs and points ( new cap and rotor and SOLID CORE wire . Next up is making sure your dist is working with the centrif advance and set Ing timing for full advance at full throttle . NOW your ready to make carb adjustment , Start with the ideal bleed/ air screw and set it one full turn off base . One the load screws i set them FIVE full turns off base , I use a tach to do the settings . I will get the engine running and allow it to warm up for ten fifteen min. before i start and i start by backing the ideal speed down and work for the lowest ideal i can get and keep it running even below factory set with the curb ideal screw on the throttle shaft , then i start playen with the bleed screw and play with it and the ideal screw for the best lowest setting . once i have all that taken care of i check for throttle response and stumble and i work my way back to a fine point of a lean and rich setting where she will snap to life with out a stumble and putting out a puff of black and usually that happens around 4 to the full five turns off the load screw seat. Ya don't want a lean engine as LEAN IS MEAN and ya don't want one throwen black .

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back